(Copy of the mail sent to Travelmasti but no response yet..!)
1. Your site classifies the hotel as a 3 star property, surprisingly! it does not have a 24 Hrs service which is a norm, the service is available only till 10.30 pm if they have any room service staff, which we were told twice at 9 pm that no boys were there to serve. We even had to go ourselves and get WATER from the coolers situated far from the rooms, during the nights.
2. We tried to speak to the Manager couple of times but he was not available.
3. There is no F & B service whatsoever, you could imagine our plight when we were refused a plain butter sandwich in the night, with families and kids especially, it was difficult. There was a buffet breakfast till 10 am, but one of us was refused at 10.15 am! They took away the food right in front of our eyes.
4. When we asked to change the linen and bathroom supplies, we were told that the towels were replenished only on alternate days and that the linen is changed only if the need arises! Once they were out of stock for bath soaps! There was no hot water supply in 4 out of 9 rooms.
5. One room was cleant after 2 days despite requesting the staff to do so, they were courteous enough to say that they would not do when asked because they were busy!
6. The tea/coffee served in the rooms were cold and when we asked them to serve us hot the reply was that they could do best what they served! They did not have flasks.
7. Once we had asked them to arrange a mini bus for us to go out for dinner, the rate was prefixed at 500 Rs. which we handed to the driver of the same after getting back to the hotel. The next morning we were pestered by the bus owner and the driver that the money was not given! According to them we gave the driver only 50 Rs. It was a straight case of cheating and harassment. We were so appalled that we almost were about to take the matter to the police, but somehow we did not because we were on holidays.
8. We were literally thrown out of our rooms at 9 am on 04/01/07 despite giving them such a good business, on the pretext that they had a group booking but there was none. Since we were seated in the garden so we can vouch for this.
And I am sure that you would cooperate and understand that even after paying a premium* for such a hellhole hotel we do not deserve this so we would like to be compensated for our nightmarish stay at hotel Solmar.
* According to the Hotel rate card charges are 3200/- per family room during 23 Dec to 2nd Jan and 2400/- otherwise you charged us 4500/- per room for the 4N/5D stay, which is unfair.