I am using sify broadband connection. Last thrusday (23rd August) when I was using my laptop, suddenly there were sparks and my laptop got burnt. When I try to get it repaired from a Service Centre, they told me that it happend because of high voltage through Sify Broadband cable. I was lucky that I was at little bit distance at that time and I was not having my laptop on my lap. Otherwise I would have been hurt and defeinitely get electrified even.
Now, I have to pay a hefty amount to get my laptop reparied. But that is not the thing that botehrs me, rather the safety issue is important to me. There are thousands of people who are using Sify braodband service. I think they should be aware of this as well.