I purchased 1no. plug to surf usb modem (100001797-SXC-1080 CDMA 1X USB, item detail 09E29B0E) along with post paid SIM from the Tata Indicom TVS located at Shop no. GF-09, Mansarovar Complex, MP Nagar, Bhopal.
The purchase invoice no. is I2007-08/2240-2104-00302 dated 03.10.2007.
The verification was done by Tata Indicom representative Mr. Sandeep (cell no. 9229100529) on 04.10.2007, after which he said that the internet connection will get activated.
But, the activation for this plug to surf internet connection is still pending due to following reasons:
1) The first SIM given to me by the TVS was faulty.
2) I then again went to the TVS personally for replacement of the faulty SIM and the SIM was replaced. The Indicom representative at this TVS assured that this replaced SIM will get activated by 1200noon on 05.10.07.
3) On checking the connection, I found that this second SIM was not activated
4) I called up Mr. Sandeep again, who then said that he will check for this. After couple of hours I again checked back with him, but to my surprise he told me that even this replaced SIM is faulty.
5) I called up TVS again and again, finally they promised me to deliver the third SIM on 5th Oct 2007 evening. It was delivered by Mr. Deepankar from the TVS. He said that this SIM is perfectly alright and is activated.
6) On 06.10.07, I tried to connect the internet, but could not and there were pop up for connection failure. I then enquired again and then to my surprise again I was told that even this third SIM is faulty.
7) In between also wrote to the Nodal Officer MP with a copy to Customer Services MPCG.
8) On 08th Oct, then I got a call from Mr. Unnikrishanan that he is looking in to the case and will revert back.
9) I tried to contact Indicom MP Sales Coordinator Mr. Ashok Meena, but could not reach him on landline and his mobile was out of coverage area on 05.10.2007. Somehow, I managed to reach him on 08th Oct and he assured that a new activated SIM (fourth now) will be delivered at my residence by the same afternoon.
10) It is 09th Oct 2007 now, no SIM was delivered to me.
In fact it should be the responsibility of Indicom to ensure that I have an activated connection. Nobody from Indicom even called up to enquire about the status of my connection, whether it is working or not working. Absolutely no customer feedback was taken.
This was my first interaction with Indicom and I always thought that it should have the best one with TATA reputation behind, but the way things are going I am not sure what I should say.