I have a postpaid connection from airtel that I have been using for a long time (about 3-4 years). The bill amount gets debited from my credit card every month & so far, there has not been any late payments / defaulting on the bill amount.
I had moved to a new residence about 2 years back, but somehow I had not updated the airtel mobile guys with my new address - as I was receiving bills online through email. Recently, about 3 weeks back while I was speaking to airtel customer care about a plan change issue, I asked them to update their records with my new address and provided them my new address - which started all the trouble.
Apparently, this address update needs verification, they called me twice & on both the occasions I was out of station on a personal emergency & asked them to call me next week. Now they have abruptly blocked my outgoing calls citing negative address verification.
When I called their customer care today morning, their exec. assured me that the outgoing will be release and will be active in 30 mins & that will do the verification again by next 2 weeks. However, the outgoing did not get activated in 30 mins, when I called the customer care again, they are now saying that the outgoing will be activated only after address verification which may take upto 2 weeks. I could speak only to the floor manager & when I asked for his manager, the floor manager said his manager is busy until saturday and refused to provide his managers number (for escalation). When I asked if they will proportionately reduce the rental for all the days for which my outgoing is blocked, he said no the rental will not be reduced.
This is ridiculous:
1. Airtel in the first place didnt care where I reside, until I myself told them to update their records - they were happily billing me & their bills were getting paid promptly
2. They didnt care to wait for me to return to bangalore before blocking my outgoing
3. Airtel refused to provide their managers number for me to escalate beyond the floor manager level
4. They will be charging me the monthly rental despite blocking my outgoing calls & messages.
5. Their agent provided wrong information initially that the outgoing will be activated in 30 mins