1. Tata Motors Limited FAX: 022-67927081
LBS Marg, Wagle Estate,
Thane (W) – 400 604
2. The Managing Director
Shrinathji Motors P Ltd,
Sahibabad Industrial Area Site IV,
Opp Wave Multiplex,
Ghaziabad – 201 010
3. The Managing Director
Shrimankar Gas Car Services P Ltd.,
B-38, Shivalik Nagar,
New Delhi – 110 017
SUB : Non endorsement of CNG kit on vehicle RC No.DL6CJ 5212
We beg to draw your kind attention towards following for your kind consideration and immediate action:
1. We purchased a Indica Xeta V2 GLS from addressee No.2 on 23-6-06. As negotiated with them, the vehicle was to be fitted with approved CNG kit and our vehicle RC was to be endorsed for the same. They assured us that they will get the CNG fitment done through CNF fitment agency authorized and approved by addressee No.1. Payment for the kit was made by us to addressee No.2, by cheque.
2. Addressee No.2 got the vehicle fitted with CNG kit from addressee No.3 on 16.7.2006.
3. For two years, we have been following up with Addressee No.1 and addressee No.2 for getting the required endorsement done on the RC but till date the job has not been done. We have sent emails dated 27.12.06, 17.4.07, 10.5.07, 22.6.07, and 31.7.07.
4. The matter has been brought to the knowledge of addressee No.1 on several occasions through phone, email, fax and registered post. They have acknowledged the complaints but done nothing to end our ordeal.
5. On the request of addressee No.2, we have taken the vehicle physically five times to RTO but the MLA, Mr.Vipin Khanna, has refused to do the endorsement citing the discrepancies.
According to Shri Vipin Khanna (RTO Officer) the following discrepancies were / are there in the documents:
a. Address on the invoice : The original invoice of addressee No.3 was made in the name of Noida Chemicals, Noida, whereas, our company is located at New Delhi. Our address available with addressee No.2 has made out the invoices in the name of Noida Chemicals, 27 Ashoka Chambers, 5-B rajendra Park, New Delhi – 60. We do not know how addressee No.3 had made the invoice on Noida Chemicals, Noida. After several visits and arguements, addressee No.3 has changed the address on the invoice.
b. Cylinder Approval: Addresee No.3 did not have approval for the original cylinder fitted in our vehicle. They changed the cylinder (No.JE 126) in May 2008 and changed the invoice accordingly.
c. Date of autorisation of workshop: Addresee No.3 has been authorized by the Operation Branch of Transport Department on 3.8.06 vide their letter No.F.20(89)/TPT/OPS/7362-77, whereas, they have fitted our car with the CNG kit and cylinder on 16.7.06. To cover up this issue, addressee No.3 has issued us a fitment invoice dated 10.4.2008.
d. Type II Approval: After we took the matter back to Mr.Vipin Khanna for RC endorsement, he pointed out that addressee No.3 has approval only for “TATA INDICA 1405cc” and not for “TATA INDICA XETA V2 GLS”. Therefore, endorsement could not be carried out. After this matter, addressee No.3 has accepted that they do not have approval for TATA INDICA XETA V2 GLS till date. Therefore, it becomes clear that addressee No.2 and addressee No.3 have been trying to fool us by making us run from pillar to post, whereas, addressee No.3 themselves did not have the requisite approvals for the CNG kit fiited in our vehicle.
Please note that we have been driving a CNG vehicle without RC endorsement, which is a legal offence as per Motor Vehicle Act. Further, as informed to us by addressee No.2 themselves, our insurance cover including third party insurance cover becomes invalid in this case. In case of a mishap, we will not be able to get any claim from the insurance company.
For your information, our vehicle met with an accident in January, 2008, in which the bonet and windscreen of the vehicle got damaged. We have not been able to get the vehicle repaired since our insurance claim would not be entertained.
We have got tired of running around for getting the job done, which should have been done by addressee No.2 and for which they have been paid two years in advance.
We now call upon addressee No.1 and addressee No.2, to provide us a new vehicle, duly fitted with approved CNG kit and compensate us for the cost of our time and harassement that we have suffered during the past 2 years.
In case we do not get the compensation asked, we intend to file case in consumer court, for which all cost and consequences shall be to the account of the three addressees, which please note.
For NOIDA CHEMICALS
JAGDISH RAI KARNANI