Purchased one of the most expensive, if not the most, single function Printer, Officejet Pro K850 from HP, Malaysia on 24/11/2006 fro about RM1100.
It was lightly used by single user in a small office.
Reported and refered to HP on the 28/10/2008 for repair of paper jam/paper sensor problem.
However, was informed by HP that NO repair, NO service and NO spare-part will be provided by this printer. Indeed, I was cornered into either to paid for a replacement used unit for RM799 [50% discount offered at last] or to trade in / trade up for another HP printer. HP maintained that this Officejet Pro K850 belongs to the low end consummer printer and HP will NOT repair, service or provide spare-part after warranty period. HP will only provide support during warranty period. However, This is not stated anywhere in the user manual or the warranty conditions.
I have just replaced a set of four new printhead and a set 4 new ink cartridges for a cost of about RM900. I am not about to discard this printer as yet...... Furthermore, I still a few spare printheads.
Also, to surrender this printer with probably minor fault only and to pay about RM400 for used replacement unit without printhead and ink cartridge is definitely unfair and unjust.
The other offer to trade in / trade up is also applicable to any old HP printer in any condition. Hence, it should not be application in this condition.
Several emails have been sent to request for explanation and clarification but to no avail. My latest email requesting for acknowledgement and confirmation also did not received any respond, Attached herewith email sent :-
Miss Erica Lau
PSG, IPG Delivery
TS Delivery Operations
Technology Solutions Group
Hewlett-Packard (M) Sdn Bhd (42624-T)
No. 12 Jalan Gelenggang
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Dear Miss Erica Lau,
Thank you so much for rushing through the nite to send me this email so to complete your tele-promise that you will do it by "Today". Honestly, I really appreciate your kind efford to assist me in this matter.
Refering to your email and the last tele-conversation we had, I wish to seek further clarification from you before making any decision on your so called "good will gesture options" which your management offered.
1. You have in your last tele-conversation [recorded], claimed that this is a low end consumer printer. I asked for defination of low end consumer printer and it was not answered. I asked if there was cost limit to a so called low end consumer printer and you said it was not more that RM1000, but subsequently you said it was about RM1000. Having read your email reply, and having seaching your web site, I still could NOT find the defination of "LOW END CONSUMER PRINTER" specifically attached to this printer. Somehow, I still take it from you in good faith, I do not believe you simply uttered these to condemn, insult or look down upon...
2. I have read through Emailed user guide, Chapter 7, Support and Warranty. This chapter decribed in full detailed the requirements terms and conditions with regard to service and maintenance during the warranty period. Nothing was mentioned on the support to be provided after warranty period. It was NOT stated in any documents that HP shall NOT service, repair or provide spare-parts for this printer after warranty period.
3. This printer was purchased through M/s ECS Computer Sotre Asia [Pg] Sdn Bhd, of No : 115, Medan Kikik 1, Taman Inderahwasih, 13600, Prai, Seberang Perai on the 27/11/2006.
4. This printer was used in a small/medium enviroment office by single user only. I was the only user to it. I may say, it is lightly used thorugh out.
5. I have asked for the defination of "as-new" printer as was told that these are printers which have been re-conditioned or re-manufactured by the factory. In facts and in short, there are used printers too.
6. I suspected this printer of mine only encountered minor problems with the paper sensor. My last experience with the service and replacement of paper sensor for another brand of printer costed about RM150.00. If this amount is being used as a guide, and based on your good will gesture options of RM390.00 to trade-in for a "as-new" replacement unit, please tell me if this fair and just for a faithful HP consumer like me?? Probably my traded-in unit will then be sent for the so called "re-condition or re-manufacture", and then be sold as "as-new" at normal price of RM780.00!!! Oh ya, I do not know why I was offered without even asking or requesting, a so called goodwill gesture of 50% discount?
7. This printer is still listed in your web site and it definitely a current model. No provision of spare-parts for a current model?
8. Please confirm if the following statement is correct :
" Support and warranty of HP printer is GOOD within the specified warranty period of 12 Months. No repair, no service and no spare-part shall be provided by HP after warranty period"
9. Without an A3 printer, it is causing me much inconveniences. I do not know what to do as yet, as besides the newly installed printhead and ink cartridges, I still have spare printheads and cartridges. Look like, I have no other alternative but to be cornered by HP to accept the so called goodwill gesture. Miserable!