I write to inform you that on 31-10-2008 I had purchased Samsung 26” LCD TV Model no. 26A450 worth Rs. 25,500 vide Bill no. 1056 dated 31-10-2008 from M/s International Electronics 37 A The Mall Amritsar an authorized dealer of your esteemed company. I had kept LCD TV in the bedroom of my house situated at 333, Medical Enclave, Amritsar. Yesterday i.e. 25-11-2008 at about 1.00 P.M when there was no one in the bedroom, due to some manufacturing defect in LCD TV, it caught fire and soon the fire broke out in the room and other household goods namely Panasonic Handy-Cam, Electrolux A.C, wooden cabinet, two seater sofa set, two mattresses, wooden bed, tubeligths, ceiling fan completely gutted in fire and were reduced to ashes including LCD TV. The newly painted walls, wooden almirahs/wardrobes of the bedroom and other rooms were also damaged putting me at a huge loss.
My old parents who were in another room of the house were shocked and they are still in the state mental agony. Our neighbours are eye-witnesses to this sad incident of Fire and they called the Fire Brigade. The Fire Brigade personnels put off the fire. As the fire broke out from LCD TV causing a huge financial loss to me and my old parents are still in a state of mental agony, I request you to make good the loss amounting to Rs. 10.00 Lakhs (Rupees Ten Lakhs only) occurred due the defective LCD TV sold out to me by your company.
I hope your company will settle my claim amounting to Rs. 10.00 Lakhs (Rupees Ten Lakhs only) immediately else I will prefer to claim my losses through the Consumer Court by filing an application with the Consumer Forum, Amritsar.
An early action in this matter shall be highly solicited.
From: - Dr. Bhupinder Singh Walia
333, Medical Enclave, Circular Road
Mobile no. – 09814050401