This complaint was given to koramangala and mahadevapura branch HDFC bank. no action is taken and they are not interested to solve it too!
Please go through my problem description as listed below
1. An agent from HDFC comes to our office (QuEST, Mahadevapura Bangalore) and informs about an offer of issuing a FREE GOLD DEBIT CARD. He told this was because mine was an salary account and as an employee of QuEST I am provided with this facility , this takes place on 24th Dec 6-30 pm. Telephone number from where I got the call - 080 66142785 (Koramangala Branch). Mobile number of one of the agents who came to me 9916210925.
2. I sign the form and ask him to proceed to avail the GOLD card.
3. I realize I am expected to get cash back of Rs 500 from MasterCard on one of the purchase made using my old debit card, unaware that irrespective of the card status I will get the cash back anyways.
4. I call him next day early morning (9am) and inform him to cancel the application. He promises he will do the needful.
5. After about 14 days I get the GOLD card couriered to my office address. I enquired with the agent who collected the application form and he told not to receive the courier and it will be cancelled automatically. I ask him if my old card will be valid and he says “yes” .I see that an issuance fee of Rs 500 is deducted from my account, when enquired about it the main person who contacted from your branch says it will be credited back to my acc in 2 days as I have not accepted the card.
6. I call customer care to lodge a complaint, and I was told my old debit card is disabled and also as I have not accepted the new GOLD card its better I disable it too to prevent any misuse! Now I don’t have any ATM card from that account. Call centre representatives say nothing can be done about the 500 rs debited as issuance fee (which was lied to me by your representative that it’s free) and I need to contact nearest HDFC bank for assistance.
7. I am regularly getting calls from your branch even now to apply for a free GOLD debit card and when I say the problem I faced they deny accepting it and still claim that the GOLD card is free! Hats off to you all.
Is this your marketing strategy to increase the GOLD card customers? Is this the way the employees are trained to get more business? Are you least aware of the consequences you need to face if I spread this news about your business practice of telling lies?