1. I took a new Air Tel connection NO. +919717082260 from a dealer in Subroto Park, Dhaula Kuan and provided him the form and a self attested copy of my passport as requested by him on the 16th of Feb.
2. I received calls from an Air Tel agent after a day or two for address verification not once but twice and I gave them the right address. That agent started harassing me by calling me again and again from the number +919910705330. He said his name was “love” but I am sure that was a lie. I yelled at him and told him that if he continues to call me, I am going to report him to police. He stopped calling but the damage he did has cost me a lot. He went ahead and permanently disconnected my number on 22nd Feb. And the reason he put down was address verification failed.
3. Since then I have contacted Air Tel showroom in Noida, Sec 21 who asked me to resend the documents through the dealer. I then re-send my documents with the form through the dealer. I also called Customer Service on 121# 8 times and twice I spoke to some supervisors’ names Vijay and Veena. They were of no help and kept trying to push me around from one place to other. When I asked them to trace the call of that guy, they said they are unable to do that.
3. I have literally begged Air Tel people to track the verification calls made to me
As they told me that the calls are recorded and I also told them to trace this person and fire him for such unacceptable behavior.
4. It’s been 4 days that I have been trying to get in touch with someone who can help me get this number back. I have lost a prospective job with Ernst & Young because they could not get through my number during this time.
I am not going to give up without a clear answer on why they treat their customers like crap and why are genuine people troubled like this.
I want this number back.